At The Center for Health & Wellness, we use the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback system, the most advanced neurofeedback technology today.
One of our trained NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Technicians will walk you through an initial discovery session which will help identify the areas you would like to improve.
This incredible technology takes advantage of your brain’s ability to organize and normalize itself. The NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback system (neuroptimal.com) is essentially a brain workout. It trains your brain to be more flexible and resilient. Any condition that emanates from the central nervous system can be eased and potentially healed by increasing your brain’s resiliency and flexibility.
Symptoms that can be helped by neurofeedback:
The brain is shaped by lifestyle, genetics and especially stress and trauma. Emotional abuse, for example has a profound effect on the nervous system and can lead to anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue, headaches, chronic pain, post traumatic stress disorder, or addictions, etc. These problems are just symptoms of a brain out of balance.
What To Expect
- One of our trained NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Technicians will have you fill in a brief questionnaire to determine how you are feeling
- He/she will have you sit in a comfortable chair facing a computer screen
- Tiny sensors will be attached near your scalp and on your ears to pick up the electrical activity of your brain
- The system simply reads the signals (like an EEG)
- Nothing invasive is involved with the training process
- Your technician will give you some earbuds
- He/she will start the program and the brain training will begin
- You might listen to music or watch a movie
- NeurOptimal® monitors your brainwaves and alerts your central nervous system when it is not functioning smoothly
- Each time your mind begins to wander from the music and your brain produces inefficient thought patterns, the music is briefly interrupted to correct your patterns
- This allows your brain to be exercised and trained, thus resulting in more productive and peaceful thoughts
- The brain learns to “reset” itself and function more smoothly
How Many NeurOptimal® Sessions Will I Need?
- We recommend 2-3 sessions per week for a 5-10 week period
- Most clients see something “shift” within 6 sessions
- Clinical studies show the results to be long lasting
- Clients describe feeling clearer, lighter or brighter for a few hours after a session – a feeling that will last throughout the week, from one training session to the next
Who Can Train with NeurOptimal® ?
- Children as young as two and adults in their nineties
- A DVD of choice is recommended for young children
Benefits of NeurOptimal® Training
- Improved sleep
- Improved cognitive functioning
- Better memory
- Grief recovery
- Mood stability
- Increase in attention and focus
- Enhanced academic performance
- Reduced anxiety
- Increased alertness
- Improved relationships
- Improved self esteem
- Increased energy
- Less reactivity
- Faster response times
- Improved work performance
- Improved eye-hand coordination
- Increased productivity
- Better Impulse control
- More Creativity
- Better athletic endurance & performance
- Faster recovery
- Enhanced wellbeing
Neurofeedback Intro Session $ 40.00
Individual Session $ 100.00
Package of 15 $ 750.00 (only $50.00 per session)
Package of 20 $ 1,000.00 (only $50.00 per session)
A UCLA study showed that neurofeedback was effective in treating seizure disorders as well as such disorders as ADD (Attention-Deficit Disorder) and ADHD (Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder).
Neurofeedback is approved by the FDA.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has endorsed neurofeedback as a “Level 1/Best Support” treatment for children with ADHD.